- How are you Sea Cucumbers shipped?
- Surthrive Sea Cucumbers are sun-dried and are shipped in this dehydrated, sea salt-preserved state.
- We vacuum-seal them in multi-ply, BPA-Free FoodSaver® Vacuum Seal Bags.
- Your order is boxed before being shipped by the USPS.
- How To Prepare Surthrive Sea Cucumbers?
Your Surthrive Sea Cucumbers must be re-hydrated and softened before you can cook with them. This is our tried and true family method for preparing Surthrive Sea Cucumbers. It will give you the tastiest, best results, no matter what recipe you choose.
- Put your dehydrated Surthrive Sea Cucumbers in clean water. Soak for a couple of hours until softened.
- Change the water, then boil your soaked Surthrive Sea Cucumbers. Once the water has reached the boiling point, turn off the heat source and let sit until water cools.
- Change the water again, boil Surthrive Sea Cucumbers again, and let them sit again until the water cools down again.
- Remove the insides, also called the meat of the sea cucumber, of your Surthrive Sea Cucumbers. (The meat is edible and considered a delicacy by many.)
- Change the water again, boil Surthrive Sea Cucumbers again, and let them sit again until the water cools down again. Keep the lid on the pot. (Skip this step, if you feel your Surthrive Sea Cucumbers are soft enough to your liking.)
- If your Surthrive Sea Cucumbers are not soft enough, change the water and boil again. Texture depends on your preference; some people prefer chewy sea cucumbers over jelly-like sea cucumbers.
- Voila! Your Surthrive Sea Cucumbers are ready to be included in your favorite sea cucumber recipe. The simplest way to enjoy sea cucumbers is to toss them into a big bowl of salad. Delicious and nutrient-dense!
- What is your return policy?
- If you’re looking to return or exchange your order for whatever reason, we're here to help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. We will reimburse you for the shipping cost. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
To initiate a return or exchange, please contact us.